Sunday, July 19, 2026

92. "Oops"

The narrator confesses "One of the things I find funniest in this dark little world is misplaced quotation marks." The example she gives is a sign that reads "FRESH" LEMONADE! ONLY $2!

Seeing quotation marks around "FRESH" made her "double over with laguther," which offended Sam, who made the lemonade sign.

Which of the following statements do you identify with most and why (you can choose more than one):

1) I also find misplaced quotation marks to be funny.

2) I consider misplaced quotation marks to be an embarrassing indicator of an inferior education.

3) I know why the quotation marks are misplaced, but it doesn't strike me as funny or embarrassing. I don't usually notice that kind of thing. Who cares?

4) I am annoyed by people who look down on those who misplace quotation marks. 

5) I'm not sure why the quotation marks are misplaced, and I'd like learn.

6) I'm not sure why the quotation marks are misplaced, and I don't care to learn.

7) If the message is conveyed effectively, the quotation marks are not "misplaced."

No comments:

Post a Comment