Saturday, June 15, 2024

P3, C8: "Paradise"

 
Soni reports that the workers entertained each other with talent shows.

If the Honors Program had a talent show, how likely is it that you would volunteer to share a talent? What talent would it be?

9 comments:

  1. I would be extremely willing to show a talent of mine. I can do a bit of gymnastics like flips and other thing of that nature. i feel really proud of being able to do that because i never had formal training and taught and practiced my my self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry i thought i made it say my name but i guess i didn't

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always said that I am not the type of person to be "stage talented". Which means to me that I can not do anything like sing, dance, gymnastics, magic or anything you would do on a stage in front of people. Ask me to go play a sport and I most likely do them all but do not ask me to go on a stage because I will walk out. I love watching talent shows though so I am very willing to cheer everyone on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have really bad social anxiety during middle school and junior high, but thankfully through band I was really pushed out of that zone. I would take on solos and play in ensembles. I marched, which I thought I was incapable of doing due to my size at the time. I learned about just how powerful music could be, and the heights of my skill that I could reach if I just put aside my fear. Looking back, I'm glad I followed through on that decision. To awnser the question, I give a wholehearted yes! Whether it be an Etude, pep song, or a larger scale performance, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in full support of an Honors talent show, whether I would participate is an entirely different matter. The only way that I think I would is if talent groups were an option. But either way, I think a talent show with Honors students would be great, we have a lot of talented and very entertaining people in our program!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I would be a participant if we held an honors talent show. Even though I can't sing (or have any musical talent in general) I believe I would find something to do. At first my instinct is to say absolutely not, but after thinking about it I have realized I need to be brave. Having courage and confidence is something I'm working on and participating in a talent show is a great way to do that.

    I would also love to do something in a group. I feel like more people would be willing to participate in groups. Maybe instead of a talent show we could host miniature plays and have different groups perform. I feel like that is a great way to get to know people especially between underclassman and upperclassman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would not be volunteering unless someone bribed me or really talked me into it. If I had to share a talent I do not know what I would pick but off the top of my head I am really good at untangling things so maybe I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first, considering the show is a choice, I would definitely say say no to anything that would involve me having to get up in front of a group of people and "perform". Me personally, it just would not be my first choice since it makes me slightly anxious having to even talk in front of a big group of people. But, if I could be convinced, then maybe I would decide to be involved and do something in the show; it really would just depend on how comfortable I was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If Honors had a talent show, I would be stoked to go and watch it. I think we have a good variety of personalities in Honors to make it a memorable experience. With that being said, I did a talent show a few years ago and bombed it. It was not a fun time, and I could give a plethora of reasons why it went badly or how it was not my fault it did not go the way I intended, but the truth is, it does not matter. Talent shows, in my opinion, should not be taken that seriously. I want to be entertained by the person who is hitting every note of Shania Twain wrong; I want to watch a silly dance number by a group of friends. I enjoy it! So if I were a part of a talent show for Honors, I'd hope I could pull some friends together and make a silly dance number or perform a performance we had practiced the week before.

    ReplyDelete