Monday, July 17, 2023

Chapter 22: "The Successful Life"

Do you agree with what this "TedTalk Nora" says is the essence of success?

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely, being yourself and who you are is very important, although I feel for some people it's easier said than done. Self-discovery doesn't come as easy to some as it does to others.
    -Byron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with what she says in this. I think it is important to be who you are and not try to be someone else. We are all blessed with different talents and characteristics and the only way to use them is to be ourselves and not compare ourselves to others. Keep our heads down and "keep swimming".

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^I was replying to Byron Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both Randie and Byron, everyone is different and being the best that you can be is going to look different from everyone else's best. And that's how it's supposed to be. Sadly, not everyone becomes the best that they can be and that's what makes this an imperfect world. But, we are all only responsible for ourselves, and I believe that self improvement never stops, it is a lifelong process. - Sarah Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with the mindset Nora describes in her Ted Talk. The biggest roadblocks that cause people to not live a life that is fulfilling are insecurity, laziness, and lack of perseverance when things are difficult. Unless you take exact measures to beat them, they will certainly catch up to you faster than you can escape. The Nora that displays natural beauty and strength with stage presence and a natural speaking ability didn't wake up that way. She took the time to turn from her natural human desires, despite what was already going on in her life and chose to better herself. For that, she deserves to be proud and stand before others, encouraging them to do the same. The Nora that exists in the regular world is allowing herself to be consumed by her circumstance and let it take over her entire identity. If she practiced like the Olympic-winning Nora, she might actually work to apply stamina to her life, and regain control over what her self-loathing allowed her to lose. - Lizzie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree with Olympian Nora’s TedTalk. She encourages self-empowerment, which is something Nora usually struggles to portray. She’s also very clear on finishing and powering through whatever goal she has in mind, because in the end it only makes her stronger. I think aiming to be your true self is an amazing goal since it’s easy to get carried along with social standards and begin to compare yourself to others. With this mindset, she was able to improve herself and accomplish her lifelong dream of swimming, which is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete